Support all activities related to purchasing supplies, materials, services and equipment in accordance with company guidelines and job specifications for civil construction projects.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Review project plans and specs to determine quantities and supplies needed.
- Review Project Estimate to develop and confirm Budgets.
- Identify, source, and prepare price comparisons.
- Negotiate best prices, drafts purchase agreements and subcontracts.
- Develop and maintains accurate estimate data and applicable timelines for multiple construction projects.
- MWDBE solicitation and Good Faith Efforts Documentation.
- Work with Estimating Department to solicit pricing for bids.
Some Key Qualifications:
- Must have experience and thorough understanding of the construction Purchasing process
- Must be familiar with the estimating process and pre-bid price solicitation.
- Must be computer literate and competent with the use of Construction Management, Bid Solicitation and Estimating Software.
- Competent in Microsoft Suite – particularly Word and Excel.
- Demonstrate competency in the legal aspects of contracts and possess good negotiating skills.
- Must be able to write detailed, clear, concise and professional scopes of work.
- Must have a working knowledge of the MWDBE laws and requirements for Federal and State funded projects.