The Cost Controls Manager monitors the overall project activities & project forecasting. This position is based in Alexandria, VA.
- Managing Prime Contract and Subcontractors Change Orders in assistance to Project Manager.
- Provide monthly reporting to Project Manager and Construction Manager/General Superintendent.
- Assist Project Manager in financial decision making by providing analysis on the performance trends.
- Monitor project during execution by analyzing the achieved results and comparing them with budget to pinpoint major variances as applicable.
- Managing the Cost Engineer to prepare the bid reorganization, budget and forecast for the Project in coordination with the Project Manager and Operations Control Manager.
- Vast knowledge of Prime Contract.Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, accounting or related discipline.
- 5-10 years of related engineering experience, and/or project cost control experience. Heavy civil industry experience is preferred.
- Must have budgeting or forecasting experience.
- Experience with project management preferred.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Proficient interpersonal and organization skills.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.